The #WATWB was created as a mission to negate the overwhelming negativity that has been present in our social media streams. For every negative news story in the world, there are plenty of positive, uplifting stories that show hope, compassion and the resiliency of everyday people who face insurmountable challenges. Our hope is to share heartwarming stories that lift the human spirit. The last Friday of every month bloggers will share their stories led by five co-hosts, this month’s co-hosts are Simon Falk, Inderpreet Uppal, Lynn Hallbrooks, Eric Lahti, and Mary J Giese. To learn more about #WATWB or to join us click here!
For anyone that has been following my blogs the past few months, will have noticed that I have focused a few times on Variety Village this is due to the fact that having worked with children quite a few years ago in Scotland some who had special needs made me realize they are a terrific organization. Both management and staff have earned my greatest respect in the wonderful way they have in bringing out the full potential in each of their children and adults also the great work they do in their community.
Variety village ~ Ambassadors
Variety Village Ambassadors are members who love the Village and what it stands for. These dedicated individuals know how to work hard and have fun at their respective activities, and never turn down a chance to champion the cause. Read on to learn more about one of their special Ambassadors.
My name is Patricia and I am a Variety Village ambassador. I love meeting new people and getting to know who they are. I enjoy playing sports and trying new things.
- My favourite sport is swimming. I am on the Variety Village Flames swim team.
- I do not have a favorite movie. There are so many movies out in the world how can I choose just one to be my favourite? I can tell you that my favourite genre is Disney movies.
- My favourite food is pizza. I love pizza because it is covered in cheese and cheese is one of my favourite foods.
- If I could be an animal, I would be a dolphin. I would be a dolphin because they are intelligent, loving animals. Not to mention they live in the water, it would be so cool to be able to live in water.
- My inspirational role model is Cassidy Sheng. Cassidy was a member of the flames swim team, she is my best friend. Recently she passed away from cancer. She is my role model because throughout all the pain and suffering she encountered she always saw the brighter side of every situation. She taught me that life is a precious gift and we need to chase our wildest dreams before our time is up. Most importantly she taught me to live every day being fearless.
- I love Variety Village because of the people. Everyone is so happy all the time and it’s just great to walk into the building and see all the smiling faces. Everyone has a great time in the village, there are so many activities to do and so many sports teams to join! Best of all, everyone gets to participate in the action no matter their ability.
For more information on Variety Village ~ Please visit their website http://www.varietyvillage.ca