3701 Danforth Ave,
ON M1N 2G2
For more than 65 years, Variety Village has worked to help young people with disabilities and those who face developmental barriers to achieve life goals. They provide integrated sports and life skills programs in order to improve lives and strengthen our community.
Variety the Children’s Charity proudly supports Variety Village promoting access, awareness and adapted activities. Discover opportunities, information and resources for individuals and families interested in increasing their awareness of programs and services for people of all abilities
Variety Village’s vision
A world-class facility in a world without barriers
Variety the Children’s Charity proudly supports Variety Village promoting access, awareness and adapted activities. Discover opportunities, information and resources for individuals and families interested in increasing their awareness of programs and services for people of all abilities.
My favorite quote is:
“When the world says ~ Give Up!”
“Hope says ~ Try One More Time!”
When I see the above quote to me it seems relevant to both the staff, children and young adults at Variety Village who have been able to live their dreams and reach their goals in spite of the barriers they face.
When we first started publishing Professor Owl’s Book Corner about ten years ago, we would showcase one of their “Hero’s” telling how they overcame these challenges and went on to excel in their chosen sport.
We are pleased and excited to say we are now able to share more of their stories, these heroes are now known as ambassadors and go out into their communities spreading the news about how wonderful this organization Variety Village really is..
From this month in every issue ~ we will be letting these special boys and girls introduce themselves and tell you why they just love Variety Village and what they love to do, our first guest is Alex:
My name is Alexander and I am 9 years old. I love being an Ambassador for Variety Village because I meet lots of great people and get to try new things. I really like my school and making new friends.
- My favourite hobby is reading, especially comic books about super heroes. My favourite movie is Astro Boy because he has rocket boots that make him fly.
- If I could be an animal, I would be a cow because it makes milk for people to drink, or a goat because I drink goats’ milk too.
- My favourite foods are smoked salmon and quinoa salad.
- I love Variety Village because it is a safe place for me where I get to do lots of fun stuff and meet a lot of great people. Everyone is nice there.
For information on the Variety Village athletes who are competing at the 2016 Paralympics in Rio ~ Dates Sept. 7 -18,2016
Variety Village is very proud of Head Coach Steve Bialowas and the following athletes who started their sport/coaching career at Variety Village and are now representing their country at the 2016 Paralympic Games in Rio!
You can read more about these athlete and Head Coach Steve Bialowas ~ By visiting the link below.
Follow Professor Owl’s Book corner for the results as they become available.
Other upcoming events include the:
- Lieutenant Governor Games: Date: October 2, 2016 at Variety Village there will be over 500 kids with disabilities participating in games and activities.
- Variety Village’s World’s Greatest Christmas Party takes place on November 27, 2015
We will have more information on these and other events in our future newsletter’s
. For more information on Variety Villages Programs ~ Please visit their website http://www.varietyvillage.ca